Spinal Decompression Therapy
Back pain can be annoying and limit your range of motion. People use different forms of treatment for their back pain. Some opt for pain medication while others choose chiropractic care which may involve spinal decompression therapy. If you live in or around Highlands Ranch and the surrounding areas of Littleton and Centennial, contact Dr. Anderson at Vitality Chiropractic & BoVi Massage to schedule an appointment for your back pain.
What Is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal decompression therapy is a method used by chiropractors to reduce the pressure on compressed spinal discs. Back pain often results from compression of these discs that squeezes the nerves.
Candidates For Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy isn’t for everyone. Our chiropractor will perform a thorough examination to determine if this treatment is right for you. If you have any of the following conditions, you may not be a good candidate for spinal decompression therapy:
- Fractures (broken vertebrae)
- Spinal fusion
- Advanced osteoporosis
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Artificial discs or any metal implants in the spine
- If you have received back surgery
The Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy
Chiropractic care and spinal decompression therapy provide many benefits:
- Ensure the spine is more resistant to degeneration and breakdown over time.
- Spinal decompression therapy does not require any pharmaceutical intervention. It is a non-invasive form of treatment and does not require a lot of time. Additionally, it is a process that provides fast results. Some patients even find pain relief after one session.
- It is a natural pain relief process that does not mask the pain as medication does. It addresses the source of the pain by reducing the pressure on the spine.
The Difference between Spinal Decompression Therapy and Traction Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy and traction therapy are treatment methods used by chiropractors for back and neck pain relief. However, both therapies are different. Traction therapy involves the longitudinal force that is applied to the spinal column axis. On the other hand, spinal decompression therapy uses a specialized computer programmed table that is operated by the chiropractor. You lay on the table and the moves slowly to provide pain relief for your spine.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Highlands Ranch, CO
Are you tired of constantly feeling back pain? Do you always have to compromise on doing what you love because of your back? If you live in or around Highlands Ranch, Littleton, or Centennial, contact Vitality Chiropractic & BoVi Massage to schedule an appointment with Dr. Anderson. We will perform a thorough examination and determine if spinal decompression therapy is right for you. Call our team today at (303) 346-7095 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.