Arthritis Treatment and Prevention from Our Highlands Ranch Chiropractor
Did you know there are more than 100 types of arthritis? At Vitality Chiropractic, our Highlands Ranch chiropractor regularly helps people with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, juvenile arthritis, or other related conditions using gentle and effective healing techniques that require no drugs, no invasive procedures, and no extended downtime. We're here to help you get a handle on your symptoms and get back to the things you need and want to do at work and home.
Arthritis: Types, Causes, and Symptoms
The most common types of arthritis we see at our Highland Ranch chiropractic clinic include:
- Osteoarthritis: the wearing down of cushioning joint cartilage, leading to painful "bone on bone" rubbing and bony cysts. People with osteoarthritis often complain of stiff, achy, and sore joints that creak or pop.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: joint pain, inflammation, and stiffness due to tissue damage caused by a person's own immune system.
- Gout: pain, stiffness, and swelling in a joint caused by a buildup of uric acid crystals, a metabolic byproduct in the body.
Advancing age is a leading risk factor for these conditions. However, even young children may be affected by certain types of arthritis. Other risk factors for arthritis include a history of joint injury, repetitive strain (e.g., frequent pounding, lifting, or bending), obesity, poor posture, and smoking. For some individuals, family history or genes play a role, too.
How a Chiropractor Helps People with Arthritis and Joint Pain
If you have arthritis, it's helpful to identify as many likely risk factors as possible and address the ones that you can do something about, such as your weight or posture. Fortunately, this is something our Highlands Ranch chiropractor, Dr. Rob Anderson, can help you with from day one in the office! He takes the time to get to know your lifestyle, activities, and goals and incorporate simple solutions like posture education and nutritional counseling.
Chiropractic care is also useful for people with arthritis by:
- Providing natural pain relief
- Enhancing joint health
- Optimizing joint mobility and alignment
- Increasing strength of the muscles supporting affected joints
- Reducing joint pain so you can tolerate aerobic exercise, which is one of the best ways to manage arthritis symptoms and improve quality of life
Is Your Joint Pain Caused by Arthritis?
Contact Vitality Chiropractic today at (303) 346-7095 if you live near Highlands Ranch, CO and are struggling with joint pain due to arthritis. Our natural and non-invasive services can help you reduce your reliance on pain medication, improve your function, and get you back to the active life you love.