Not only is neck pain a common complaint, but painful symptoms often worsen over time. Thankfully, you can get the neck pain relief you need at Vitality Chiropractic in Highlands Ranch, CO. We'll figure out what's causing your pain and provide care that eases your symptoms.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Your neck supports your head and connects it with your torso. The muscles, vertebrae, and nerves in the neck can all become injured, leading to a variety of painful symptoms. While neck pain has a range of causes, common sources of pain include:
- Posture issues: Slouching or leaning forward for long periods of time can stress the joints and muscles in your neck, eventually leading to pain.
- Muscle strains: Sudden movements and injuries like whiplash can stress or even tear the muscles in your neck, leaving you with a stiff and aching neck.
- Carrying heavy objects: Lifting objects without the proper technique can cause injuries, but carrying heavy backpacks or purses on a regular basis can also put stress on the neck.
- Sedentary lifestyle: Without exercise, the muscles in your neck can become weak, making it difficult for your neck to properly support your head.
- Compressed nerves: If any of the vertebrae in your neck are out of place, it can put pressure on nerves. In addition to pain, this can cause numbness and tingling in the neck, shoulders, and arms.
- Arthritis: Any joints in the body can deteriorate over time, including your neck joints. Arthritis of the neck is commonly referred to as cervical spondylosis.
- Injuries: Any type of trauma to the neck, including auto accidents, falls, and injuries caused by assault, can be painful. Whiplash is a common injury caused by trauma, but other neck injuries like fractures may also occur.
Neck Pain Relief from Chiropractic Care
Since neck pain has a variety of causes, chiropractors must identify the root cause of your pain. During your initial appointment, your chiropractor will examine your neck and the rest of your spine, allowing them to create a neck pain care plan that eases your symptoms and improves the function of your neck.
Chiropractic adjustments are an effective way to correct alignment issues in the spine and can care for issues that cause nerve pain, like slipped discs. Depending on your needs, your care plan may also include other chiropractic techniques, including soft tissue work and rehabilitative stretches.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Highlands Ranch, CO
Don't let neck pain interfere with your life. At Vitality Chiropractic, we can use chiropractic care to relieve pain, neck stiffness, and any other uncomfortable symptoms you're experiencing. Give us a call at (303) 346-7095 to request an appointment.